Friday, March 05, 2010

Bradley and Daniel

First, I want to talk about me. Please don't start singing that awful Toby Keith song. I've noticed the last couple days just how much the Spirit fights for my soul. Along comes temptation, and I'm ok with giving in, until the Spirit uses my easily-distracted disposition to its advantage and takes me down a rabbit trail, away from the trap. Haha! Praise Him!

Secondly, our church has been spending time in the book of Daniel. We just started the Fiery Furnace bit last week, and we've been in Daniel since Christmas. For those of you keeping track, yes, it has taken us 2 months to go through 2 chapters. This could take a while, but I'm perfectly ok with that.

Not too long ago, we experienced a "Nashville Blizzard." This means we only had a couple inches of snow, but thanks to no infrastructure in place for events like this, ours was the only church in the county (I think) that still had services. Due to the poor attendance (though I hold it against no one), I was relieved of my normal worship-leading duties in the Junior High group. I decided to go to Big Church...a second time. It was a good day to hear the message again. To sum it up, God accepts us. He loves who we are. What is so scary, in light of that? He has given each and every one of us gifts and talents. Use them. Just do it. And recognize that it is because He gave them to us that we have any gifts and talents at all.

No comments: